Happy Holidays to all our friends from Sage Gourmet!!
Are you looking for that perfect dessert for the holidays! Sage Gourmet has the answer for you….We now have back in stock the Crema Fina Original Liqueur – it is an Original, Exquisite Real Dairy Cream Base Blended with Specialty Orange Wine Flavors. During our wines tastings, we have served the Crema Fina liqueur and paired with the Crema Fina Poached Pear topped with Fresh Whipped Cream with Nutmeg and garnished with lemon zest. Enjoy!!!
For more information about the ingredients in Crema Fina, please visit www.cream-fina.com/#flavors
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 firm Anjou pears, peeled, cored, and halved
- 1 (2-inch) lemon rind strip
- 6 tablespoons of Crema Fina
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy cream - whipped - flavored with nutmeg and 2 tablespoons powered sugar
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a simmer. Add 1 rind strip. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until tender. Remove pears from pan with a slotted spoon; cover and chill.
- Bring cooking liquid to a boil over high heat; cook until syrupy and reduced to 1 cup (about 20 minutes). Strain through a sieve into a bowl; cover and chill. Stir in Crema Fina. Arrange 2 pear halves in each of 6 shallow bowls; top each serving with about 3 tablespoons sauce, lemon zest and a dollop of whipped cream.
- *A serving can be just one pear if desired.